Posted on Apr 27th, 2010 by Elliot Aronow
Editors note: check today’s Food Gold shout out on the Canadian wire!
As you know we are big fans of dips and spreads here at Food Gold. This week we are going to show you how to make tapenade, a delicious topping/dip/appetizer made from black olives, fresh herbs and briney capers. So long as you pay attention to the texture and acidity of this dish, it is a breeze to make and can easily be multiplied the next time you are having a get together at yo crib.
This is the sort of “world food” thing bourgie storez like Whole Foods will charge you $6+ for a small container of that can easily be made at home for about half that. So, save money, eat well and make some of this bomb ass tapenade. Let’s go!
Positive Vibes Tapenade
3/4 cup black pitted olives, Kalamata are nice
1/4 cup capers, drained and roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
2 or so tablespoons of finely chopped red onion
6 or so tablespoons of high quality olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh orange, lemon or lime juice
Black pepper to taste
tablespoon or so of toasted almonds, crushed
few teaspoons of fresh chopped dill
1. Throw everything except for the orange/lemon/lime juice and the olive oil in food processor and pulse about seven times until it forms a course paste. You don’t want to over process it or you will have a liquid mix, which is not really what we are going for here. Think a sort of chunky DIP!
2. After mixture is chopped, slowly add olive oil and orange juice in a steady stream, like you would if you were making a vinaigrette. Check for salt and pepper, although between the olives and the capers this mofo should be plenty salty.
3. Place mixture in large bowl, mix well then cover and leave in fridge overnight so the flavors marry.
4. Serve w/ some toasted bread and goat cheese and GO IN!
As alwayz, enjoy!
Fork The World,
- Recent News
- A-Trak & Nick Catchdubs Present Fool’s Gold Radio on SiriusXM #24
- GrandeMarshall “Time”
- New Bames Remixes
- Danny Brown x Sleigh Bells “Brown Bells” Blends + NYC Ticket Giveaway
- Ploom Mix 001: Day Off Los Angeles
- New gLAdiator Tracks
- 100s feat. Joey Fatts, A$ton Matthews and Da$h “Keep A Bitch Broke”
- A-Trak & Nick Catchdubs Present Fool’s Gold Radio on SiriusXM #23
- DJ Scene & Jayceeoh “Damn”
- Duck Sauce “Radio Stereo”
- Craze x Klever “Scratch Nerds 2″
- See All Headlines