Posted on Aug 26th, 2009 by Mr Goldbar
Jokers Of The Scene’s recent remixes for the likes of Mika, Acid Girls and Burns have been making waves in forward-thinking DJ sets and blog charts alike. But it’s their original tune “Baggy Bottom Boys” that has become a signature anthem – an enormous dance track that’s as moody as it is ecstatic. It’s a perfect introduction to JOTS, whose sound continues to mutate from straight-up club bangers into a deeper, darker strain of electronic dance music that’s completely original and exciting.
The “BBB” video captures all these contrasts and complexities in glorious, stroboscopic black & white, filmed at two particularly wild JOTS shows in Boston and Ottawa by Julian Wadsworth (aka Red Foxxworth) and chopped up with glee by LA-based video vanguard Demonbabies.
To go along with the clip, Fool’s Gold is releasing a digital “Baggy Bottom Boys” remix EP, featuring brand new mixes by High Contrast, DZ, Rob Threezy and JOTS themselves – and a “pianopella” for the mixers! Grab it on iTunes, Beatport, and anywhere else fine digital music is sold (along with all the other JOTS releases and remixes on Fool’s Gold). More big news soon!
- Recent News
- Brillz “RETWONKED” Out Today
- High Klassified Live @ Boiler Room MTL
- New Tommy Trash Cubic Zirconia Bootleg
- New RL Grime Mix + Illroots Vid
- A-Trak & Nick Catchdubs Present Fool’s Gold Radio on SiriusXM #24
- GrandeMarshall “Time”
- New Bames Remixes
- Danny Brown x Sleigh Bells “Brown Bells” Blends + NYC Ticket Giveaway
- Ploom Mix 001: Day Off Los Angeles
- New gLAdiator Tracks
- 100s feat. Joey Fatts, A$ton Matthews and Da$h “Keep A Bitch Broke”
- See All Headlines